A well-designed public policy and effective governance are crucial for a country to realize its socio-economic objectives. The Delhi School of Public Policy and Governance (DSPPG) is the University’s endeavor to contribute to the quality of policymaking and governance in an increasingly complex and challenging world. The vision of the school is to provide an interdisciplinary platform for learning and research on Public Policy and Governance. The School will serve as forum where the academic rigour blends with empirical evidence and the practical experience to promote the knowledge about processes of policymaking and governance. The objective is to contribute to the design and implementation of the public policy by providing context relevant policy inputs to the policymakers. The School will serve as a springboard of purposive discourse on effective and equitable governance from the developing world view-point.
Along with the formal rules and regulations, the research and learning programmes at the DSPPG will cover the informal social institutions, which are salient features of the governance in a developing country like India. Accordingly, the School is envisioned as a world class institution on Public Policy and Governance in the context of developing countries. The objective is to equip the lawmakers, policymakers and researchers with the knowledge and skill-sets to address the Public Policy and Governance challenges of the developing world.
The School shall be under the overall administrative and financial supervision of the Executive Council of the University of Delhi.
The objectives of the School shall be as follows:
• To initiate and develop basic philosophy of governance and policy-making, contextualized in Indian values of ethics, individual morality, righteousness and truth, and align these with international best practices.
• To provide a platform for state-of-the-art teaching, research and outreach programmes on issues related to the Public Policy and Governance, as may be identified by the Governing Body and its designated body from time to time.
• To promote research on Public Policy and Governance relating to such identified areas and issues.
• To establish networks for dialogue and cooperation among scholars, policymakers, policy professionals, the regulators and those involved in the process of governance.
• To evolve and mobilize new, online technologies for training scholars in Public Policy and Governance.
• To organize national and international seminars, workshops and conferences on issues related to the Public Policy and Governance.
• To organize documentation of resource materials on issues of Public Policy and Governance.
• To evolve new pedagogical tools for learning and training on issues related to Public Policy and Governance.
• To provide platform to students and scholars to share and debate ideas related to Public Policy and Governance.
• To publish research papers, books, newsletters and online journal in the broad area of Public Policy and Governance.
• To introduce and run academic programmes in the field of Public Policy and Governance.
• To generate financial resources from public and private sources both at the national and international level; and
• To undertake such other activities as decided upon by the Governing Body from time to time.
Latest Events & Updates
- Book Release Programme of International Law Contemporary Developments (Essays in the Honor of Prof. A.K. Koul) on 10th September 2021
- Lecture Series - Vyakhyan 2021 - Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women : Fragile Progress 25 Years After Beijing - 1st April 2021 at 6 P.M.
- Lecture Series - Vyakhyan 2020 - From Wuhan to Galwan : Is there a Need for Major Policy Review by India - 26 August 2020